Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Uh Oh...

It's that split second of panic, sort of like right when you feel your chair start to tip over, that I feel when I swear I only hit the single undo button on mapmyrun, but the entire route disappears for a split second that I makes me glad I work out because I probably wouldn't be able to handle the cardiac strain if I didn't. I may be exaggerating a bit, but I seriously get scared each time that happens because I think that I won't remember what all I had mapped if I had to do it again. The only problem with that logic, is that I am going to have to memorize the route to run it in the first place! I have already written about my annoyance with the ridiculous routes by boyfriend comes up with because he can't always memorize them, so I shouldn't experience the split second of panic to begin with.

I am beginning to think that I have found the root of the problem when it comes to my shin splints. I had never experienced them until recently, but I kept getting them every time I ran. I have three pairs of shoes that I have been sort of circulating through the running cycle, but one pair I hardly ever wore when I ran. I have a pair of $100+ Nike running shoes that I got a few years ago at a running sports store. I loved those shoes. They are about three years old at this point, so I have been phasing them out. I bought a pair of Nike running shoes at a Nike outlet for about $90 a few months ago because it was near by, and I didn't want to shell out the extra cash on travel or shoes. (Spoiler Alert: It was a mistake.) The third pair is just a pain tennis shoe made by Saucony that I bought at T.J. Maxx for $10. The new Nikes seriously suck asphalt, the old Nikes are worn out, and at the sake of sounding like a young girl lost in the woods who stumbles into a bear's house and makes herself right at home, the third pair seems to be just right for now. The other two pairs give me both shin splints and wicked blisters. I am just glad I have found some relief for now.

If you haven't tried out mapmyrun before, it is a pretty nice tool for those of us who don't have a GPS running accessory.  mapmyrun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment