Thursday, January 17, 2013

Putting it all out on the line!

Ok, so I had a physical fitness assessment in the summer that I let you in on before. I went in today for another assessment because I have decided to really make an investment in my health and fitness as I gear up for my Marathon and reach for other goals I have for myself. Although I am normally really cheap, I have decided to put my time and money into a personal trainer. As I have made clear on here before, I believe that knowledge is important, and I have decided to go to an expert.

I met with Isham, the personal training manager, at my gym today for my assessment. This went way better than when I had a near death experience with Fred. (I might be a bit dramatic on that one.) In 25 minutes, he was able to show me target HIT exercises that I could already tell were way more productive than what I might do by myself in an hour. I am so excited to learn more and do more in the gym to get myself on track. I am pumped to work with the trainers at my gym now.

I have also had a goal for about a year now that I have been putting on the back burner, but that goal has been moved up front and center thanks to Isham. I told him that I would really like to move from my current traditional job in the education field, into educating people about health and fitness. He then made a deal with me that I couldn't refuse. He agreed that if I work hard to get into the shape I want and a healthy BMI/Body fat percentage, that he would have the gym pay for my personal trainer certification course, and that a job would be waiting for me when I passed the certification exam. And yes, I did get all of that in writing with both of our signatures, along with a witness.

I have a lot of work to do, but 2013 is my year!

No comments:

Post a Comment