Thursday, April 2, 2015

Oh, hey there!

It's been weird. I haven't posted in quite some time, so let me just give the rundown, if you will, of where I've been and where I'm going!

It appears as if I never explained that I got injured and sidelined with physical therapy in the fall, which knocked me out of running the New York City Marathon. I was devastated. I did however, get to watch my sister-in-law run her first half marathon this past fall! It was my first time as a pure spectator at a race, and it was inspiring and gratifying to cheer on my sister, brother, and all the other runners that day.

I left my job at a running specialty store in PA to go back into teaching, but in a whole new area than ever before in my teaching career. I am loving my job teaching preschool!! I never thought I would say such a thing, but I love it!

So where am I headed? Well, first of all, back to Missouri! My husband is being  transferred to St. Louis, and I am pretty excited to be moving to the St. Louis area! And that's another thing I NEVER thought I'd say, especially with the quickly approaching start to regular season Royals baseball.

So, my running? It's been sporadic and inconsistent at best. I signed up for two spring races that I have run before, and I originally planned to return with hopes of improving my personal course records, but I have since transferred my bibs to friends who will be in the area since I am moving before the races. I am excited to start exploring a new area to run when I move in a couple weeks, and I am looking forward to setting some race goals for myself for the fall. I am also excited at the possibility of meeting up with family and old friends at races back in MO!!
I am loving the spring flowers instead of snow on my runs!

1 comment:

  1. We should do a race together now that we are both back in Missouri!

    ReplyDelete