Monday, June 11, 2012

Green Monster Recipe and Tips

What is a Green Monster? People ask me all the time what I am drinking when they see me with one in my hand. A GM is a smoothie with spinach or kale in it. I had been on a pretty regular schedule of about 5 GM's a week, and when I stopped during my move, I could tell the difference in my body. I am a picky eater, so this was one of the first ways I started to add more vegetables into my diet. I am trying to get better at healthy eating, but for now, at least I have Green Monsters! I am going to share my favorite recipe!

Peach & Grape Green Monster

1 single yogurt--I like raspberry
Water (fill the yogurt cup)
1 scoop whey protein --I am thinking of switching to plant protein
       **Tip: blend the water, yogurt, and protein first for 1 minute
several cups of spinach or kale
1/4 cup green grapes
1/2 cup frozen peaches
      **Tip: put heavier fruit on top of the lighter spinach to blend
Blend for 2-3 minutes
Enjoy!

I like to make mine before I go to bed to have it ready when I wake up in the morning for a smoother start to my day!


                            
       First Green Monster!
1/2 C Skim Milk, 4oz Vanilla Yogurt, 1/2 scoop vanilla protien powder, 1/2 C water, 1 tsp olive oil, 2 C organic baby spinach, 1/2 C frozen mango, 1/2 C frozen peaches. Blend well!

No comments:

Post a Comment