Thursday, September 6, 2012

Favorite Workout Songs

In a recent post I admitted to my top five most embarrassing work out songs. I was more and more ashamed of myself as I wrote the post, so I vowed at the end to give you a list of 5 great work out songs that I am not at all embarrassed to admit to listening to. I chose from a couple genres, so hopefully you will be introduced to at least a new work out track, if not an awesome band or artist to fall in love with. Here are five great work out songs in no particular order:


1. My Body by Young the Giant This song is an awesome work out song for the middle or end of a workout. When you start to think that you can't go on, you can kick it up a notch to the up-beat tempo and perfectly fitting chorus. The chorus goes,"My boy tells me no, but I won't quit cause want more."

2. Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder Firstly, I freaking love Stevie Wonder. He is the most amazing harmonica player, and a great vocalist. I love him...for real. I highly recommend you check out as much of his music as possible. I like this song as a work out song because it is very upbeat and peppy. And although he wrote the song about his daughter's birth, the lyrics get me thinking about how I should consider myself lovely throughout the journey to better health and fitness, and not just to look toward the end.

3. I will not bow by Breaking Benjamin This is the perfect song for when you want an angry type work out. This is one of those songs that will really get you pumped to fight out the work out that is tough to get through. The lyrics and pounding beat of this rock song will really get you moving. Breath and Until the End by Breaking Benjamin are also a great work out songs that are a little less angry.

4. Only Ashes by Something Corporate This song doesn't really have any motivating lyrics, but for some reason every time I hear this song it makes me want to get moving.

5. Square Peg in a Round Hole by Wakey Wakey This is a great band when it comes to work out songs. Once again, the lyrics aren't super motivational or anything, but they have a ton of songs that just make me start hopping up and down in place in a very indie kid way every time one of those songs come on, and this is one of them. I super love this band, and this is one of their ultra peppy beats.

Well, I feel as if I have sufficiently redeemed myself. What work out songs do you love? I am always looking for new songs to get me moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment